Minimum Safety Requirements
- Structure must be properly erected, operated, and maintained during its use.
- Fall zones must be correctly padded.
- Manufacturer's recommendations, operating instructions, safety inspections, and maintenance procedures must be followed.
- The device must be supervised and monitored at all times by properly trained personnel.
- Applicable laws, standards, and industry safe practices must be followed.
Inflatable Safety (Did You Know?)
- Inflatable's and inflatable slides are one of the most dangerous amusement attractions for young children.
- Blow-over's and collapses due to equipment failure or improper setup can, and do, cause catastrophic accidents.
- Inadequate supervision increases the danger of broken bones and dislocations.
- Allowing younger children to jump with older children is the most common safety hazard cited by safety officials.
Private Rental Safety
- If you are renting an inflatable jumper, ask about the operator's experience, safety record, and training requirements.
- Make sure the jumper is set up by trained professionals who are familiar with the equipment.
- Spend the extra money to have a trained operator supervising the jumper at all times.
- Be aware of the risks.
- Pay attention to the weather.
- Avoid inflatable's on windy days.
- Make sure the inflatable appears to be secured
- Make sure that the operator is attending to his/her job.
- Supervise children closely.
- Limit the number of children allowed in an inflatable jumper.
- Never allow older kids to jump with younger children.